Friday, April 17, 2009

Sometimes I Just Can't Understand

Today, I was enjoying my lovely feast of a lunch outside on the patio when a bunch of boys in my class started playing Donkey. For those of you who are not familiar with the game, or are familiar but just know it by another name, Donkey is essentially hackey sac except with a soccer ball. The objective is to keep the ball in the air utilizing any part of your body except for your hands. This game had a new twist unlike anything I had ever seen before. It started out normally. It passed from one person to another. One guy used his knee another his head, but then a guy messed up. He meant to hit it with his foot, but instead of moving forward it flew over his head. While one boy went to go fetch the ball, the rest encircled the poor kid that made the fault and then they each took a turn kicking him in the ass. And we're not talking about a little tap, they kicked him like a robber kicks a person they're mugging. It was horrifying, but they absolutely loved it. They played and played and played and I could not figure out for the life of me why this game would be considered fun. Sure the stakes were raised, but so that you were winning what? A big bruise? I don't know. There are just some things that I don't understand.

1 comment:

  1. that's very common... there are many games like that here in chile... there is "macha-matada", in this one many guys play passing a small ball with their feet and if it goes between someone's legs everybody kick his ass xD... there is "25" too and many others... the prize for these games is just making the other suffer... :P

    ReplyDelete